The Nevada Department of Employment, Training, and Rehabilitation, Employment Security Division, wants to make starting your business as easy as possible. Online registration is part of our effort to simplify your registration process and help you get your business started and on the road to success.
If you pay compensation to individuals for their services, you may be liable for Unemployment Insurance (UI) taxes.
If you are liable for UI taxes, the online application enables you to obtain an Employer Account Number to ensure that your quarterly UI tax reports and payments are credited promptly and accurately.
For more detailed information regarding the Nevada Unemployment Compensation Program,
you may click here
to view the Employer Handbook.
Note: You will not be allowed to register more than 30 days in advance of your first anticipated payroll
It is important that you have on hand all the necessary information (listed in the following paragraph) prior to beginning the online registration process. We suggest you print this page prior to beginning the online registration.
- The type of business entity and Federal Identification number.
- Information on owners, partners, officers, managers, or members including names, titles, addresses, telephone numbers, social security numbers, dates of birth, and percentages of business owned.
- Date the business started in Nevada.
- Payroll information such as the date the business first paid wages and the total quarterly wage amounts, the date the first worker was hired in Nevada and the amount of first Nevada payroll.
- The mailing address for the business.
- The trade name (DBA) and the physical address of each business location in Nevada.
- Knowledge of the principal business activities of the business.
- If the business was acquired from a previous owner, you will need information regarding the previous business owner (name, address, date the business was acquired, type of acquisition, and Nevada UI Employer Account number, if known).
After you have completed the online registration, you will be given a Tracking Identification number and further information about your registration. If you are successful in completing all the required information and the business is determined to be liable to the Nevada Unemployment Insurance Compensation program, you will receive a Nevada Unemployment Insurance Employer Account Number.
Once a Nevada UI Employer Account Number is assigned, you may visit Confidential Services and perform other online functions such as Tax and Wage Reporting, Online Payments, View/Update Account Information, etc.
If you need further assistance in completing the Internet New Employer Registration, please contact the "Help" desk at (866)429-9758.
Please note: The registration must be completed in English.